Opticians near Bracewell
Opticians near Bracewell
Looking for opticians near Bracewell?
Bracewell’s local optician
23-25 Rainhall Road
A trusted local opticians in Barnoldswick – just a few minutes from Bracewell. Providing eyecare services for local residents, including home visits in nearby villages.
What you’ll find at James Bontoft
James Bontoft Optometrist – independent opticians in Barnoldswick – provides top quality, affordable eye care with the professionalism and traditional care expected from a local independent practice.
James is a highly qualified, prescribing optometrist working alongside Barnoldswick and Earby GPs and provides all of the local NHS Trust’s enhanced optometric services.
Comfortable, relaxed test intervals of 40 minutes allow time to perform additional tests, discuss requirements and needs or provide explanations following the eye test. Digital retinal photography is included in all examinations.
- Thorough eye test
- Seeing the same Optician
- Appropriate advice and recommendations
- Good quality and appropriate glasses and lenses
The practice stocks a wide range of frames covering all styles and budgets, and provides single vision, bifocal, varifocal, occupational, sport and specialist ophthalmic lenses. There’s sensible and fair pricing throughout the extensive range of frames and lenses, with a fair professional fee structure for contact lens wearers. No special offer gimmicks, loss leading promotions or pushy target driven sales here!
Services we provide
- Professional trusted local provider growing through word of mouth referrals.
- Highly qualified prescribing optometrist working alongside local GPs.
- Provider of all the local NHS Trust’s enhanced optometric services.
- Comfortable, relaxed test intervals of 40 minutes allowing time to perform additional tests, discuss requirements and needs or provide explanations following the eye test.
- Digital non-mydriatic Topcon retinal photography included in all our examinations.
- Fair professional fee structure for our contact lens wearers.
- No special offer gimmicks, loss leading promotions or pushy target driven sales.
Products we provide
- Quality German manufactured Rodenstock lenses. We provide single vision, bifocal, varifocal, occupational, sport and specialist ophthalmic lenses.
- Wide range of frames covering all styles and budgets, from just £20 or free with NHS voucher
- Our more quality and designer frames are often designed and manufactured by spectacle manufacturers and some you may not heard of. Not simply a popular brand name added to the side of a basic frame
- All our frames across our entire range come with either a 12 or 24 month manufacturer warranty.
- Sensible and fair pricing structure throughout our range of frames and lenses.
- Reduced cost frames and subsidised lenses for people on an NHS voucher.
- Wide range of frames that with single vision or bifocal lenses will be of no cost to those on an NHS voucher.
Glasses and prescriptions from other opticians
We offer free adjustments and minor repairs (screws / pads) for all our own frames.
Any frame from elsewhere may, if deemed appropriate, be adjusted. Should work be undertaken, it is done so at your own risk and will incur a charge. All proceeds of this charge will go to our local charity. This is currently Barnoldswick and Earby Bosom Friends, who help families in Bracewell, the Ribble Valley and West Craven.
Getting glasses elsewhere
You have a right to have your prescription dispensed wherever you choose. However:
The prescribing and dispensing of spectacles are closely linked it is best to have your spectacles dispensed where you have your eyes examined. It is often more difficult to resolve any problems you may have with your spectacles when prescribing and supply are separated.
The College of Optometrists
Following our college guidelines; we always recommend that you have your glasses dispensed where you have your eye test performed, wherever that may be.
Please be aware we do not provide any measurements necessary for the dispense of spectacles after the eye examination. Following the eye test, the responsibility of choosing an appropriate lens, performing the required measurements and ensuring an appropriate fit lies with whomever performs the dispense.
Prescriptions from elsewhere
We do accept valid optical prescriptions from elsewhere, however we will perform a full eye examination and the prescription will be rechecked by us.
We will refund the cost of the eye test off the glasses so you are not out of pocket. This ensures we minimise any potential problems that may arise with your new spectacles.
When deciding which optician to use or if you’re just comparing prices… please remember to compare both the product and the service you receive in order to get a fair comparison.
The Bontoft Difference
Housebound in Bracewell?
We provide a home visit service to local care home residents and people who are housebound in Bracewell: